What to do when Riley unloads yesterday's harvest on the counter?
1) Score bottoms of fresh tomatoes, blanch for one minute, peel.
2) Chop loosely and place in pan with olive oil and fresh basil.
3) Add slivered garlic, cook for 20 mins or so.
4) Meanwhile, salt the eggplant and let sit in colander to drain. Pat dry.
5) Cook cubed zucchini, summer squash, onions, sweet peppers, and eggplant in more olive oil.
6) When all is cooked well, but still crisp, add to tomato sauce.
7) Serve over pasta or rice accompanied by fresh bread.
Tastes like summer!